Center of life sciences and health.
we can offer?
with related laboratories from all over the world.
- Monitoring and guidance for students from all over the world for conducting
courses in our lines of scientific technological performance:
we can receive?
To Courses of 30, 60 or 90 days:
students of medical school to work in one of our research lines participating
in projects that will involve laboratories in their home countries, fostering
partnerships and projects together.
- To Post Graduate course with duration of 2 years:
professionals linked to research labs in their home countries, that have
availability of fixation in Belém do Pará city, for 2 years
period to develop their studies and scientific technological product generator
design and patents within our lines of research.
Exchange of teachers for training, participation in joint projects and partnerships
of the program.
Master of Surgery and Experimental Research Program (CIPE) is intended to
give the qualified candidate the title of Master of Surgery and Experimental
• The Masters degree program CIPE is organized in the form of Professionalizing
Master program, aims to provide the depth of scientific expertise, as well
as developing skills to perform research and develop operational processes,
products and methodologies in the field of Surgery and Experimental Research.
• The Masters degree program CIPE aims to provide qualification Strictu
sensu to health professionals that preferentially bound to the research,
teaching, the Departments of Health, and the private sector in order to
contribute to technical and scientific knowledge, positively influencing
health, aiming at the improvement of its quality.
• Training health professionals, in an interdisciplinary perspective,
to be able to respond to social, economic and political demands in the field
of surgery and experimental research, considering epidemiological, social
and environmental contexts, focusing on the regional scene, without losing
sight of the national and international dimensions.
• Establish clear links between scientific production and technological
training of human resources for the labor market;
• Strengthen the process of experimental research that turn into knowledge
and develop factors that positively affect the population of the Amazon;
• Know the basic norms and laws concerning laboratory in vivo research
with laboratory animals, in vitro and with the human species;
• Be able to issue a reasonable critical opinion in terms of Ethics
/ Bioethics, including Animal Welfare, relating to projects of Surgery and
• Be able to develop research projects in Surgery and Experimental
• Establish innovative approaches to teaching and learning in the
• Be able to perform laboratory procedures with experimental animals,
such as the collection of products for analysis and testing; Employing tissue
culture techniques for studies of experimental research.
• Build and enhance surgeons with the stimulation of continuing educational
programs in animal experimentation;
• Adhere to ethical and legal standards governing the use of animals
in scientific procedures, reproving undue experimentation.
TECHNOLOGICAL ACTION LINES:
- Experimental Surgery concentration area:
a) Experimental Models.
b) ischemia and reperfusion with emphasis on transplants and shock.
c) Biomaterials Orthotics and proteses.
and test innovations and innovative
teaching strategies and surgical technique in the surgical areas.
2 - Experimental Research
a) Morfofisiophatological changes.
b) Projects and new technologies, aimed at improving health education and
care in the Brazilian Unique system of health. (SUS).
c) Medicinal plants of interest in the Amazon.
Methodology of the research
Animal experimentation: bioterial and experimental models
Computers in research
Pathophysiology and treatment of conditions of ischemia and reperfusion
Gynecoendocrinology and menopause
Metabolism, nutrition and dysfunctional states
Microsurgical procedures and rehabilitation
Current issues in neurosciences
Oxidative stress and pathological mechanisms
Active teaching methodologies
Animal cell culture techniques
Pathophysiology of cachexia - cancer anorexia
miss the opportunity to develop their knowledge in the Amazon.
have classes in English and English, Spanish, and French-speaking tutors.
to learn and master the Portuguese language.
Secretary of CIPE - Block B -2 Room - Center of Biological
Sciences and Health - Campus II -
University Pará State
2623 Perebebuí Street - Marco - City: Belém - State: Pará
- Country: Brazil. ZIP CODE: 66.095-661
+55(91) 3277-5988 e 3276-
0829 ----- ------
Master: Marcus Vinicius Henriques Brito